Characteristics of a Vintage Living Room Interior Design – Did you know that in the midst of the domination of modern concept home designs, there are people who prefer a luxurious and luxurious feel with elegant nuances that emanate from classic or vintage home designs. You can even try to apply this style to the entire interior area of the house or even choose one of the rooms in your home, such as in the interior design of the living room. Why is the living room not another room? Because in this one room the first impression will be received by guests who come to your house, regarding the interior of your residence.
Characteristic of vintage concept living room interior design
The interior design of the living room with a vintage concept or style is often confused with the shabby chic style, which is currently a trend. It is true that there are a lot of similarities between the two, which the vintage concept refers to items that have been produced in the 1920s to 1960s, and this vintage concept is often referred to as the retri style. Which generally will be marked by the existence of ancient ornaments in the interior of the living room. Meanwhile, the shabby chic refers to a pattern that marks one of the vintage trends.
Apart from this, the interior design of the living room with a vintage concept is also marked by the use of fabrics with retro patterns, such as floral motifs such as orchids, roses, or even the use of classic living room furniture. However, the vintage concept is also not only indicative of pastel, pink, cream, or even other soft tones. Even the use of bright, strong colors and color combinations is sometimes needed to be able to emphasize the vintage concept in the living room.
This is a wok element in a vintage concept living room interior design
- Vintage is not dull, furniture motifs and designs are the hallmarks of this vintage concept living room interior. You can put a sofa long and wide, choose a light color.
- The distinctive colors of this vintage concept include white, green, yellow, and black. You can even choose furniture and decor elements in brighter colors, such as pink, purple, and orange and combine two or three colors at once in the living room.
- Parquet floor is one of the characteristics of a vintage concept living room. If you do choose tiled floors, then you can use chess patterns, such as black and white, or any other color.
- Rugs or rugs with bright patterns, Persian rugs, or even carpets that have an animal motif. You can also make rugs with unique patterns such as animal patterns.
- Furniture made of rattan is likely to look very exotic and natural for a living room with a vintage concept.
- Vintage style table lamps will usually be characterized by a tapered lampung model and a long stem.
- Ceramic vases in this vintage concept living room usually come with beautiful floral motifs.
- Display shelves filled with antiquated objects such as wooden dolls or ancient tape recorders are also very suitable for this vintage concept living room.